WELCOME! My name is Rachel Widgren. I am the head-teacher, owner, and founder of Kishami Academy, LLC.
OUR MISSION is to see all students succeed by addressing their needs individually. Each student is empowered as we fill in knowledge gaps, allowing them to learn at their pace, and aid in physical balancing of mind and body by bridging disruptive connections within the brain.
I have been teaching in one form or other since Kindergarten when I assisted my teachers with lower reading groups before running down the hall to my own reading group. Since then, I have studied with my mom, home-schooled my brother, tutored my friends, used my ability to read and understand directions to tutor those in classes I had never taken before. I like to learn!
These experiences have given me insight into practices that do and do not work, politics that hinder education, and ideas that I can apply freely in my classroom as needed to address the needs of each student.
I HAVE TAUGHT
- Sunday school, 2-3 year olds (4 years)
- AWANA, 3-4th grade (2 years)
- Pioneer Girls, 5-6th grade (3 years)
- Home-Scholar group, preschool-11th grade (2 years)
- Substitute Teacher, 5 districts in California (2 years)
- Substitute Teacher, 5 districts in Colorado (4 years)
- ELD teacher, 4th grade + Intervention (1 year)